3 MINI GOALS FOR FEBRUARY

I can’t lie, 2018 has started off pretty well and things are still great in terms of life and family, but I’ve found myself struggling to keep up with the blogging inspiration this month.

A little while ago, I decided that I would have a posting schedule of Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s and that I’d stick to it for the entire of 2018.. well, it’s not even the end of January yet and I’ve already not been able to see that through, oops!

I think the main reason that this has happened is because at the beginning of January, I set out some goals and a schedule for all things blog related but I didn’t revisit it until halfway through the month. Having a plan and goals is great, but it’s so important to keep on track of how you’re getting there with smaller, manageable goals.

So today I thought I’d share 3 mini goals that I’ve set myself for the upcoming month.

Revisit my diary, daily.
I have a couple of notebooks floating around that I’m using at the moment, but I have one 2018 diary that I actually picked up in Poundland at the beginning of January for yup, you guessed it, a pound. I keep everything in it from appointments to deadlines and to do lists to recipes, it’s literally my second baby.

I digress, but anyway as I was saying at the beginning of this post, I haven’t managed to keep on track of my schedule and I think one of the reasons why is because I’m not revisiting the days in my diary on a daily basis. I’m hoping that by going back over the previous days each morning, I’ll be able to make sure I’m not forgetting anything and leaving anything behind!

Make our bed every morning.
I’ve started making a habit of making our bed as soon as I wake up in the morning and I’m not quite sure why but it instantly makes me feel 10 times better. You always read these posts and articles on “things successful people do” and making their bed each morning is always one of them. Again, I’m not sure why, but it’s making a difference to my mood in the morning and I hope I can keep it up through the whole of February.

Finally make my move over to WordPress.
I have everything waiting for me on the other side, quite literally! I’ve selected the theme I’m going to purchase from Pipdig and I’ve even sorted out the techy side with someone.. and by sorted I mean that that someone is going to sort it all for me! So fingers crossed, at some point this coming month, my blog will have a shinny new home with a pretty new layout, yippie!

These mini goals might not seem like much, but that’s exactly the point, they’re just little things to help me towards bigger, more long term goals! Have you set yourself any goals for February? I’d love to hear them!

Like this post? Share it with someone else who you think might like it as well!

1. January 31, 2018 / 8:06 am

Hope you keep up your goals Maisie! I need to write myself some but I’m all over the place lately!
    Much love, Caitylis x x

2. January 31, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I think making mini goals every month is so much easier to achieve, plus they can all work towards your big 2018 goals! Good luck on your move to wordpress – let me know how it goes as I think I might do the same nearer to the end of the year 😀

Lizzie Bee // Hello Lizzie Bee

3. January 31, 2018 / 9:50 pm

I love diaries and journals and this just reminded me that I probably do need to come back to the habit of revisiting them daily, hahaha. I make sure to make my bed every morning and it does affect your mood and overall state of mind for the day, believe it or not!
    This was a lovely post to read, best of luck for these goals! Have a lovely month xo

Joanne | With Risa: A Lifestyle Blog

4. January 31, 2018 / 10:43 pm

I can't wait to see your new blog!! And I agree, I always feel so much better when the bed is made on a morning…

5. February 1, 2018 / 11:35 am

Haha make your bed every morning. My boy leaves before me so that’s my job and it’s torture simply leaving my bed right now in this weather!

6. February 1, 2018 / 2:26 pm

good luck with your goals, I will admit there is something wonderful about making your bed and i cant explain it, I feel like ive got shit together when I make the bed haha

7. February 1, 2018 / 2:56 pm

Amazing! You go girl! You won't regret the move to WordPress either x

8. February 1, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Love these mini goals! I moved across to WordPress about 4 years ago and it was the best decision!

9. February 1, 2018 / 9:58 pm

Good luck for your move over to WordPress, I did it about 2/3 years ago and have never looked back. I can't imagine not making my bed in the mornings 🙂 xx

Yasmina | The July Journal

10. February 4, 2018 / 10:31 am

I found that starting a bullet journal really helped me with the diary! x

11. February 5, 2018 / 9:06 pm

Oh yes I need to move over, still haven’t done it! Waiting for a good deal. I have started a bullet journal this year and it such a great way for me to stay focused!